Are you looking at putting your house on the market or maybe just wanting to increase the value of your investment? Here are the best home improvement projects to increase curb appeal and get a greater return on home.
- Repaint Rooms. Paint with your buyers in mind. By using neutral colors throughout your home you can create a sense of continuity. Light colors will make rooms appear roomy while darker colors will create a cozier feel.
- Power Wash and Paint the Exterior. Repainting the exterior will add instant curb appeal and give your home an overall fresh look. (Vivax Pro Painting even offers transferable warranties).
- Upgrade your Kitchen and Bath Hardware. Replacing faucets and fixtures in the bathroom and kitchen can be a quick facelift. If your current faucets are leaky or worn then a new faucet is a must.
- Repair or Replace your Windows. Window replacement not only makes your home look more attractive, it decreases energy bills and helps buyers avoid the hassle of doing upgrades.
- Clean your gutters. Clogged gutters can make a fantastic house look neglected. Clean your gutters at least twice a year and take note of any leaks or sagging that may need to be repaired.
- Take a look at your options and go for the best quality and price. Paying $1,000 to have your house painted poorly will not result in a return on your investment so take the time to go with a reputable company that is right for the project.